Best of Belron 2016
An integrated event for an audience of 1,200 people (employees, partners, clients and trade press), engaged over two days in an international competition, a conference and a theme park.
Transform the company’s traditional biannual event into an integrated event that gathers stakeholders at all levels, becoming a highly strategic communication tool.
THE IDEA AND ITS DEVELOPMENT
Best of Belron is the company’s biannual event; the company is the world leader in car glass repair and replacement. The 2016 edition, that took place at the Meo Arena in Lisbon, was a competition between 27 countries. The Olympics of the automotive industry. A 48-hour streaming marathon. A conference of 1200 attendees. A 7500 square meters theme park. A networking opportunity for partners, analysts and industry players.
The Olympics of the automotive industry
The selection of the best “fitter” of each country started in September 2015 with car glass repairers competing against each other in national challenges. The winners were invited to Lisbon to participate in the world championship. The event is opened by an Olympic style ceremony with flags of the competing countries parading. The teams compete against each other gathered around 30 car-pods whilst being judged by their management and most regarded clients. A solemn awards ceremony celebrates the winner of “Best of Belron 2016”.
The 5500 sqm oval space, one of Europe’s largest arenas, is creatively and architecturally transformed to represent an urban space where paths and parks provide access to key messages. The layout of the venue is designed in order to create car-pods for the competing teams and numerous themed display areas.
- Client & project management:
- Cristina Monzio Compagnoni, Francesca Urpis
- Creative direction & production:
- Piero Durat
- Margie Schokkenbroek, Cristina Mannaioli
Themed display areas
The space of the arena is creatively sectioned into themed areas each representing a specific aspect of the industry sector in which Belron operates. A large section of the venue is set-up in order to showcase Belron’s digital services as well as technological innovations related to automotive mobility. A partnership area underlines the added value generated by the relationship with insurance companies. A “green” area highlights Belron’s interest in sustainability and the projects dedicated to environmental health.
The event in numbers
- 17 languages
- 60 journalists
- 27 countries competing
- 30 hours of live streaming
- 2400 delegates over two days
- 7500 square meters’ theme park
- 78 press releases
- 14500 views on YouTube
- 4000 views on live streaming
The two-day event offers to its delegates the chance to attend the “Profiting from Technology. Industry developments you can benefit from” conference: a culturally stimulating agenda alternates on stage, not only well regarded automotive specialist but also key-note speakers from McKinsey, Bosch, M.I.T., Google and Tesla providing an exceptional insight on the near future of mobility.
- Handling delegate transfers worldwide
- Hospitality and accommodation management
- Coordination of all catering services
- Dedicated registration platform
- Use of a tablet software for event staff to manage logistics (registration, accommodation, transfers etc.)
- Management of event portal to coordinate event activities (voting system, photos, quizzes etc.)
- Design and coordination of leisure activities for each of the participating countries (27 in total)
- In charge of the institutional session and awards ceremony
- Video shooting and photography
- Awards ceremony production